This is just an information sheet to contain the information about our vineyard for internal use.
We start by planting 75 petit verdot on the Era field. There are also a few plants made from cuttings which are white grapes.
Planted 250 new vines on the new field. Half of them Cabernet Sauvignan the other half Bobal.
We did make some wine but it was a mix of our own and some grapes from over the hill.
We made about 40 litres of wine.
The plants were pruned correctly for the first time in October.
We planted 125 Tempranillo and 125 Cabernet Sauvignon
An audit in June by Daniel the Dressing Gown Man states:
There are 660 growing vines.
About 50 did not make it to October.
The harvest happened on the 21st September.
4 crates from new field
3 crates from the Era field
3 crates from down below.
It took about 2 hours with 6 people to do the harvest.
Made about 100 litres of grape must.
About 12% alcohol potential on the light meter.
The pressing happened on 15th of October with the help of Jordan, Pierre, Jane and Caroline the Belgian girl. The wine was quite dry. I estimate that there were about 65 litres.
Notes: Many of the new vines planted were ripped out by foxes searching for insects.
Maybe the goatshit, leaf mold and earth mix should be aged longer before use.
100 bobal ordered. Arrival date 1st April.
We planted 1 new line and the rest were used to replace dead vines
This time we used the new petrol auger and it took most of the work out of preparing the holes. In August we put the top wires on all the lines.
The team was Sam, Heather, Alex (skateboarder), Phil Kiwi, Nitsan
The harvest happened on the 15th September.
35 crates in total.
18 crates from new field
11 crates from the Era field
It took about 3 hours with 6 people to do the top fields
6 crates from down below this took about 25 minutes
Made about 450 litres of grape must.
About 15% alcohol potential on the light meter.
The pressing happened on 15th of October with the help of Sam, Heather She-Wolf, Phil Dynes. The time before pressing was much shorter and wine was still sweet. I estimate that there were about 280 litres.