Onion and potato soup
Until our own onions are ready, we need to buy them in and the other day I bought a sack of massive Spanish onions. Normally, I would use four large onions but with these ones, three were enough.
Write a review
- 3 extra large onions or 4 large onions, halved, quartered and then sliced
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 dessertspoons Greek yoghurt
- salt and plenty of pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and vigorously fry the onions for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, stock and salt. Put the lid on and bring up to pressure.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then quick release the pressure by placing the pressure cooker under the cold tap.
- Transfer the potato into a 1-litre measuring jug with some of the onions and stock.
- Blend with a stick blender.
- Stir in the Greek Yoghurt.
- Season with pepper.
Cortijo de la Plata http://cortijoblog.com/