Roast butternut squash with cous cous and vegetables
In this recipe, the flesh is removed from the roasted butternut squash halves and mixed with fried vegetables and cous cous.
Write a review
- 3 butternut squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups of cous cous
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fried tomato
- grated cheese
- chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 180ºC-200ºC.
- Sprinkle the squash halves with oregano and season with salt and pepper and roast until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions until soft.
- Add the chopped red and green pepper and continue frying gently.
- Boil some water.
- Put the cous cous in a bowl. Season with salt and drizzle over some olive oil. Mix well. Pour over the boiling water. Cover with a plate.
- When the squash is cooked, remove from the oven and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Add the cous cous, fried tomato and fried vegetables.
- Mix well and check for seasoning.
- Fill the squash halves with the squash mixture.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Put back in the oven and turn up the oven to 220ºC.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Sprinkle over the parsley.
Cortijo de la Plata http://cortijoblog.com/