Gluten-free carrot cake
In this carrot cake recipe, polenta and ground almonds replace the flour and olive oil is used instead of butter.
Write a review
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 350g brown sugar
- 5 medium eggs
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g polenta
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125g chopped walnuts
- 500g grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g salted butter
- 250g light cream cheese
- 250g icing sugar
- grated zest of 2 large oranges
TO MAKE THE CAKE
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a rectangular cake tin (25cm x 29cm) with baking parchment.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and oil together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in the polenta, ground almonds, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the carrots and walnuts and give the mixture a good stir.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Test with a skewer to check that the cake is cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a baking rack.
- Leave to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE ICING
- Cream the butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the other ingredients and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread over the icing.
Cortijo de la Plata https://cortijoblog.com/