Write a review
- 500g pork, chunky pork ribs
- 1 onion, coarsely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, coarsely diced
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- chorizo, sliced
- 1 chilli pepper, sliced
- green beans, optional (it's just that they're in season at the moment)
- 500g butter beans, soaked for at least 48 hours
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into pieces
- vegetable stock (1.5 litres of water and 2 stock cubes)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a pressure cooker.
- Gently fry the onion on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the red pepper and fry until soft.
- Add the sliced chorizo and fry until the onion and pepper have taken on the red oil released from the chorizo.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir well for a minute or so.
- Add the chopped tomato,
- Tur up the heat and stir until the tomato has reduced.
- Add the pork pieces, chilli, butter beans and potato and mix well.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and season with ground black pepper.
- Pour over the vegetable stock so that there is slightly more liquid than ingredients.
- Leave the pot uncovered and bring to the boil.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Cover and bring the pressure cooker up to the 2nd level of pressure.
- When the cooker is at pressure, time for 60 minutes.
- Serve with salad and garlic mayonnaise.
- If you prefer a thinner stew, use potato pieces.
- If you would like a thicker stew, coarsely grate 2 of the potatoes and cut the third one into pieces.
Cortijo de la Plata https://cortijoblog.com/