I’m on a quest to find and try out tasty recipes to cook with the vegetables we dried throughout the summer (more info). All the recipes I like will be put up on the blog.
DRIED COURGETTE, POTATO AND HAM IN A TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 cups dried courgettes, put into boiling water to soak in the morning
- 100g chopped ham
- 4 large cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thick tomato sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and gently fry for a minute or so to soften.
- Add the ham and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Drain the soaked courgettes and add to the pan, together with the potato, tomato sauce, stock cube and a cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook gently for 30 minutes or so until the potatoes are soft, adding more water as necessary.