VEGETARIAN VEGAN TOFU SAUSAGES
These vegetarian vegan tofu sausages are really tasty and easy to make and they can be prepared in minutes. They are made with tofu and rolled oats and flavoured with sage, onion, Marmite and soy sauce.
Vegetarian Vegan Tofu Sausages
In this recipe, you blitz up some tofu, onion and garlic and then mix with some fried onions and sage and rolled oats..
- 200g block of firm tofu, cut into chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- a handful of sage leaves, finely chopped1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons Marmite
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped onion.
- Season the onion with salt and pepper, and fry gently until soft.
- Stir in the chopped sage and mix well.
- Remove from the heat after another couple of minutes.
- Add the tofu, garlic, Marmite, soy sauce to the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the rolled oats, fried onion and salt.
- Mix well and leave for at last 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop and the oats to soften.
- Divide the mixture into 8 balls of about 80g each.
- Wet your hands and roll out the balls into sausage shapes.
- Put on a plate and keep in the fridge until you are ready to fry them.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the sausages for a couple of minutes on each side, turning so that they brown all over.