CHINESE-STYLE RED CABBAGE
This is a basic recipe for preparing red cabbage. It is also possible to add some chopped ginger and garlic to the sesame oil before adding the cabbage and then sprinkling some sesame seeds over before serving.
Chinese-style Red Cabbage
This is a quick and easy recipe for preparing red cabbage.
- Red cabbage, finely shredded
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- Heat the sesame oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the cabbage, season with salt and toss well
- Add a splash of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- If you like your cabbage slightly crunchy, remove from the heat but if you like it softer, lower the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes.