PRAWN AND GARLIC PASTA
This prawn and garlic pasta dish is easy to prepare and takes about 15 minutes to make.
- spaghetti or linguine
- 360g frozen prawns
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- a bunch of parsley with the leaves and stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small tin of anchovies, finely chopped
- a pinch of chilli powder
- a can of tomatoes or 500g cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Heat the water for the pasta in a large saucepan with a teaspoon of salt.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
- Add the garlic, parsley and anchovies and grind in some black pepper.
- Fry for a couple of minutes and then add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and mash well to break up the tomatoes.
- Add a splash of white wine and a knob of butter.
- When the pasta is cooked, transfer to a colander, saving back some of the cooking liquid.
- Put the pasta into the frying pan and mix well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.