The traditional Spanish recipe for garlic soup soup contains ham and bread and this is a lighter version.
This recipe is easy to prepare and only requires turning after 20 minutes.
- 4 garlic cloves, halved then very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon spicy paprika
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1.2 litres of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a sauté pan (with a lid).
- Add the garlic and sauté gently on a low heat with the lid on.
- After a few minutes, add the paprika and salt and stir well for a few seconds so that the paprika does not burn.
- Add the water and the stock cube.
- Turn up the heat and bring it to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Break 4 eggs into the pan.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the whites are set.
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 medium potatoes, chopped
1 medium cauliflower, stalks and florets, roughly chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
a pinch chilli powder
1 carton Greek yoghurt
Heat some olive oil in a pressure cooker or saucepan and fry the onion until soft. Add the cauliflower, potato and spices, mix well and fry for another 5 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the vegetable stock.
If using a pressure cooker, bring to pressure and cook for 15 minutes. If using a saucepan, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked.
Remove the lid and blend the soup with a stick blender. You can make the soup as smooth or as chunky as you like.
Pour in the milk and heat through. Stir in the Greek yoghurt and serve.