TSATSIKI CUCUMBER SALAD
This Greek salad is made with grated cucumber and dressed with Greek plain yoghurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and chopped mint.
If you grow your own cucumbers, this is a great recipe for the summer if you have an overabundance.
- coarsely grated cucumber
- 120g plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
- a handful of finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the grated cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix well with your hands, pressing to release as much liquid as possible.
- Cover with a small plate and place a heavy object on the plate.
- Leave a for about an hour and then squeeze again with your hands to remove any liquid.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Combine the cucumber with the sauce and check for seasoning.
- Chill in the fridge beforehand.