SPICY VEGAN CHORIZO
This is a great recipe for spicy vegan chorizo and it doesn’t take long to make. Its main ingredients are sun-dried tomatoes and almonds, two things we have plenty of here at the cortijo.
The red pepper is roasted over a flame. Turn it a couple of times until the skin begins to blister and then pop it into a plastic bag. Before you need to add it to the mix, rub off the blackened skin.
Spicy Vegan Chorizo
This recipe is quick to prepare and tastes delicious.
- 220g dried tomatoes
- 200g raw almonds
- 120g soft rolled oats
- ½ large red pepper, roasted
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Steam the dried tomatoes over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a boil, add a splash of boiling water and cover.
- In the food processor, blend the almonds and oats until coarsely ground and then transfer to a separate bowl.
- Blend together the tomatoes and red pepper.
- Put the almonds and oats back in the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse a couple of times.
- Divide the mixture in half.
- Roll out each half on greaseproof paper to form an even sausage shape.
- Roll up in the greaseproof paper and store in the fridge for 24 hours.