This take on a vegetarian paella used chunks of firm tofu that have been marinated in soy sauce, and also butter beans and green beans as well as the usual paella base ingredients (onion, green pepper, red pepper, garlic, tomato, etc.).
Vegetable Paella with Tofu
A delicious take on a vegetarian paella made with tofu and beans.
Write a review
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed and marinated in a couple of spoons of soy sauce.
- 2-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup of paella rice per person
- 400g can of butter beans
- handful flat green beans, topped and tailed and cut into 2cm pieces
- vegetable stock
- Heat some oil oil in a paella pan.
- Fry the onion, red pepper and green pepper until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds, before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle over the rice and stir well.
- Add the butter beans and green beans.
- Pour over the vegetable stock and cook until the rice is almost cooked.
- Remove the tofu from the soy sauce and scatter over the top.
- Mix the remaining soy sauce with water and sprinkle over.
- When the rice is just cooked, remove from the heat.
- Cover and leave to rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with garlic mayonnaise.
Cortijo de la Plata https://cortijoblog.com/