We’ve been having cauliflowers every now and again throughout the year. The ones growing at the moment are now big enough to eat so I’m looking for new recipes and ways of preparing them.
This recipe is quick to prepare and tastes delicious.
- Cauliflower florets
- 4 cloves garlic, micro-planed
- 1 inch ginger, micro-planed
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- Heat a frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower florets, season with salt, cover and cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes so that they take on a nutty brown colour.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander and transfer to a bowl.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Fry the garlic and the ginger for a couple of minutes before sprinkling over some soy sauce.
- Return the cauliflower to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Put the cauliflower back in the bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.